Want to add more spice to your cauliflower and potatoes as a tasty side dish? Try this delicious recipe packed with flavor!
1 large onion, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 bunch fresh coriander, separated into stalks and leaves and roughly chopped
1 serrano pepper
1 large cauliflower, leaves removed and cut evenly
1-2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into even pieces
2 (8 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
fresh ginger, peeled and grated or 1-2 teaspoon ginger paste
fresh garlic, chopped, about 4-5 cloves
1 teaspoon cumin seed
2 teaspoons turmeric
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 teaspoon salt
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
2. Add the chopped onion and one teaspoon of cumin seeds to the oil.
3. Stir together and cook until onions become golden and translucent.
4. Add chopped coriander stalks, two teaspoons of turmeric, and one teaspoon of salt.
5. Add chopped chili and stir tomatoes into onion mixture.
6. Add ginger and garlic and mix thoroughly.
7. Add potatoes and cauliflower to the sauce plus a few tablespoons of water (ensuring that the mixture doesn’t stick to the saucepan).
8. Make sure that the potatoes and cauliflower are coated with the curry sauce.
9. Cover and allow to simmer for twenty minutes (or until potatoes are cooked).
10. Add two teaspoons of garam masala and stir.
11. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on top of the curry.
12. Turn off the heat, cover, and leave for as long as possible before serving.
This recipe tastes best if left alone for a few hours to let the spices mesh together.