This is one of my favorite appetizers to make when having over a group of people or to start with before a meal. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do… I promise you will always get requests to make them again!
- 1 Large Zucchini, shredded
1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1-2 tablespoons chopped mint or to taste
1 shallot chopped
2 cloves garlic
About 2 tablespoons shredded pecorino romano
About 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan
About 2 tablespoons flour
1 large egg beaten
Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Shred zucchini and place in colander. Sprinkle evenly with salt and let excess water drain about 20-30 minutes.
2. Combine parsley, mint, shallot, garlic, pecorino romano, parmesan and red pepper flakes in large bowl.
3. Add zucchini, egg and flour and mix gently until combined.
4. Heat olive oil in pan and using an ice cream scoop, scoop zucchini mixture into oil and press gently to form patties; cook 4-5 minutes per side.