Cilantro Lime Chicken – I usually use this recipe when I’m making tacos or quesadillas
- 1 package chicken breast or thighs cut into cubes(thighs have more flavor, be sure to trim the fat)
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 green onion chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Saute chicken on stove top over medium heat about 10 minutes. Add the red wine vinegar, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic green onion (optional), and sugar and simmer another 10 minutes. Top with fresh cilantro.
If you decide to make tacos heat tortilla shells over low heat about 2 minutes each side, fill tacos with chicken, tomato, lettuce, cheese, and avocado – or get as creative as you want!