Ground Turkey Chili – Slow Cooker
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion chopped
- about 1/2 cup chopped celery and green pepper (optional)
- 1 jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz can chili beans
- 16 oz can pinto beans
- 16 oz can kidney beans
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- About 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a large pan cook ground turkey, onion, celery and green pepper until the meat is no longer pink. Drain any excess fluid from the pan and add the mixture to a 5 quart slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT pinto and kidney beans and turn slow cooker on low for 6 hours.
Add pinto and kidney beans and cook on low for another 30 minutes.
Top with cheese or sour cream. (optional)
To keep it healthy I usually add weight watchers shredded cheese and plain yogurt instead of sour cream. Plain yogurt adds the same tartness as sour cream and is a much healthier option.