Lemon Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Breasts or Thighs – I used thighs because they are more tasty and do not dry out like chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon lemon rind (depends how tart you like the taste) – I used 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Minced flat leaf parsley to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Season the chicken breasts or thighs with salt and pepper then dredge the in flour shaking off any excess.
Heat oil over medium high heat and cook chicken thighs 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Pour in the chicken broth to de-glaze the pan then add lemon rind and bring to a boil.
Let the mixture reduce to about 2/3 a cup and add in the lemon juice and capers and cook until the sauce thickens (about 6-7 minutes) Add butter until incorporated then add parsley. Place chicken on serving platter and top with sauce and enjoy!